“Once you have decided that you are going to build a SaaS, it is important that you include the following in your planning.
- A good understanding of the customers\business requirements.
- Define data security specifications.
- Design the disaster recovery process.
- Identify the appropriate team members, and their capabilities, that will be implementing the software.
- Design the data structure necessary to implement.
- Select the appropriate software for your back end and front end.
- Design the user interface with the customer’s needs in mind. Ensure if it is really easy to utilize.
- Customer support preparation.
- Determine Service Level Agreement (SLA) including turnaround time, etc.
- Documentation for the entire infrastructure.
- Customer training.
- Determine the best places to market your product and market it as much as possible.
- Listen to user feedback and use this to improve your offering.
- I feel the most ideal way to build a SaaS product is to incorporate it into a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS). The main reasons for using a CMMS SaaS are accessibility from anywhere using a computer, Smartphone, or mobile device, data security, and low total cost of ownership.
What are the goals of successful implementation?
Clearly defined and agreed to objectives.
Complete dedication and focus on the project plan.
Alignment of best practices.
A good understanding of the team’s capabilities and availability.
– Jeff Roscher, CEO of eWorkOrders