Below are a few best practices to consider when preparing your facilities for closing them down before the upcoming winter months. These are just recommendations but the list will vary considerably depending on the type of camp that you have or what part of the country your camp is located in. Having a checklist ensures that everything has been completed and will help make opening day a lot easier.
Cleaning Interior: Offices, Kitchens, Other Rooms, and Electronic Devices
- Check furniture, couches, chairs, benches check in the crevasses, under cushions, and furniture to ensure that there are no food particles.
- Any camps that have beds, either for overnight or for sick rooms, dust or sanitize bed frames, side tables, lamps, mirrors, clothes rack, head/footboards, and dressers.
- Sick Rooms: Wipe down, disinfectant and sanitize the room, cabinets, patient bed, etc.
- Sick Room: Restock the first-aid kit and other medical supplies that you keep on hand during the year.
- Sick Room: Make a checklist of the things you have in stock and keep them in a sealed storage container to avoid any rodents or pests infiltration.
- Wipe down and sanitize door handles, doors, and window frames.