Why Your Maintenance Department Needs A CMMS
The maintenance management experience today is very different from that of spreadsheets, pencils and paper. With a cloud-based Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), companies can streamline maintenance tasks and activities, increase productivity, decrease equipment downtime and manage costs more efficiently.
No matter what size business or organization you have, the number of locations or where in the world you are located, companies have similar goals:
- Keep detailed accurate records of all assets.
- Schedule maintenance tasks and activities, maintain historical records and keep track of work completed.
- Store all data such as work orders, history, manuals, etc., in one centralized location, and have the ability to access the information at any time from any location, via computer or mobile device.
- Generate desired reports.
- Implement a program where all of the users are comfortable using the solution.
To help you better understand the power of a CMMS, the chart below will outline some of the multitudes of maintenance tasks and how using a CMMS solution can help reduce costs and improve productivity. Incorporating a CMMS solution into your organization eliminates the need for unnecessary paperwork, saves countless hours of manual labor and repetitive data entry.
HOW A CMMS CAN IMPROVE THESE FUNCTIONS
· Quickly reassign work orders; prioritize and manage due dates.
· Calendar scheduling of preventive maintenance activities.
· Minimize human error and reduce the time required for manual inventory management.
· Maintain records of all assets.
· Track suppliers that contribute to your maintenance management operations,
· Store and access manuals, documents and drawings in one centralized location.
· Control scheduling and management of labor costs.
· Improved communications between maintenance teams and other departments.
· Cost savings gained through improved management, more preventive
· Data can be reported and updated in real time.
· Generate clear and accurate reports for industry audits and regulatory compliance inspections.
· Easily comply with safety rules for a safer environment.
Reports & Key Performance Indicators
· Monitor workflows and maintenance activities to increase efficiency and improve productivity.
· Access maintenance data, view manuals, documents, historical information,
Geographic Information System
· GIS module is a system of mapping your infrastructure assets. Users can
Real Time Updates
· Keep track of work orders and progress with real time updates.
As you can see, maintenance management has come a long way from pencil and paper. CMMS feature-rich solutions brings many benefits that will help you get better control of your maintenance activities.