The maintenance management experience today is very different from that of spreadsheets, pencils and paper. With a cloud-based Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), companies can streamline maintenance tasks and activities, increase productivity, decrease equipment downtime and manage costs more efficiently.
No matter what size business or organization you have, the number of locations or where in the world you are located, companies have similar goals:
- Keep detailed accurate records of all assets.
- Schedule maintenance tasks and activities, maintain historical records and keep track of work completed.
- Store all data such as work orders, history, manuals, etc., in one centralized location, and have the ability to access the information at any time from any location, via computer or mobile device.
- Generate desired reports.
- Implement a program where all of the users are comfortable using the solution.
To help you better understand the power of a CMMS, the chart below will outline some of the multitude of maintenance tasks and how using a CMMS solution can help reduce costs and improve productivity. Incorporating a CMMS solution into your organization, eliminates the need for unnecessary paperwork, saves countless hours of manual labor and repetitive data entry.
HOW A CMMS CAN IMPROVE
|Work Orders||· Quickly reassign work orders; prioritize and
manage due dates.
· Manage and track work orders efficiently.
· Access related equipment history, manuals,
photos and other important information from
computers or mobile devices.
· Monitor workflow and increase efficiency.
· Generate work order history reports.
|Preventive Maintenance||· Calendar scheduling for preventive maintenance activities.
· Track maintenance history.
· Control equipment downtime.
· Reduce costly unplanned equipment failures.
|Inventory Management||· Minimize human error and reduce the time
required for manual inventory management.
· Just In Time inventory shared between
· No need to shut down your stock room to
perform cycle counts.
|Asset Management||· Maintain records of all assets.
· Analyze and interpret historical data to determine
problems and successes.
|Vendor Management||· Track suppliers that contribute to your
maintenance management operations,
such as, parts vendors or equipment manufacturers.
· Track vendors, purchase orders, returns, etc.
|Document Management||· Store and access manuals, documents and
drawings in one centralized location.
|Manage Labor||· Control scheduling and management of labor costs.
· Proper maintenance of assets can reduce overtime
|Communications||· Improved communications between maintenance
teams and other departments.
· Timely communications drives up customer
|Control Costs||· Cost savings gained through improved management,
more preventive maintenance and less
corrective unplanned maintenance.
|Accuracy||· Data can be reported and updated in real time.|
|Compliance||· Generate clear and accurate reports for industry
audits and regulatory compliance inspections.
|Safety||· Easily comply with safety rules for a safer
· Maintained equipment increases safety.
· Plan for routine inspections.
Key Performance Indicators
|· Monitor workflows and maintenance activities
to increase efficiency and improve productivity.
· Create reports that meet the needs of your
organization or business.
· Incorporate KPI (key performance indicators)
data into your dashboard views.
|Mobile Access||· Access maintenance data, view manuals,
documents, historical information, drawings, and
pictures from a mobile device, anywhere and anytime
· Techs can update work orders on the job.
|Geographic Information||· GIS module is a system of mapping your
infrastructure assets. Users can visually
locate specific assets to add or edit details.
· Workers in the field can easily confirm
they’re at the correct location or look up
details about infrastructure before starting a job.
· Extremely useful when work is being done
on underground pipeline, sewers, roads,
airport runways, outdoor parks, etc.
|Real Time Updates||· Keep track of work orders and progress
with real time updates.
· Improve productivity with real time updates.
As you can see, maintenance management has come a long way from pencil and paper. CMMS feature-rich solutions brings many benefits that will help you get better control of your maintenance activities.